Always war! 6 seats, FFA, draft, Pangea, BBG 5, 1x turn/day (17280075)

Oh ok, I had no idea they could do that.

yeah, this is my first game getting to air combat as well. Itā€™s not exactly intuitive

FWIW, in case you didnā€™t see it before, I asked some clarifying questions in PYDT discord #general yesterday about how anti-air and fighter interception works

Yeah Iā€™m a much more experienced Civ 5 player, played a fair bit of SP 6 but air units donā€™t get any play in SP really.

1 Like

Such BS that fighters only intercept a 1 tile range when bombers can pillage, I literally need 700 AA guns to protect my tilesā€¦ Hurting my science and production and youā€™re causing crippling war weariness without entering my borders. I get that bombers pillaging is realistic but mechanically itā€™s BS.

1 Like

Since you have Forbidden City, one more you could do is switch to Communism and then run both the Fascist Legacy and Defense of the Motherland wild cards

Yeah, I noticed you had switched to communism running the fascist card, thought about it but I lose the production towards units right? Not sure communism production is as good for me. Will think about it for sure, donā€™t think I can stop you now either way though but I will continue to try my best to defend.

gdr and battleships fight against bombers.

if you caN BLOCK THE PATH THAT HELPS I THINK AS WELL

Some way off GDR and I have some battleships but my (used to be) high production cities are inland.

My Petra city was -1 amenities last turn, built a sewer to get back to 0ā€¦ And this turn all of a sudden I have -8 from war weariness (-40% production) in that city!?? Where did that come from? You didnā€™t even pillage that city this turn, this game is so dumb. :confused:

1 Like

hi all! FYI Iā€™m going to be traveling internationally june 25-30 and realistically wonā€™t be able to take turns during that whole period. Sorry for the inconvenience!

also, to avoid confusion since we share other games: Iā€™m subbing out of my other FFA in order to reduce the number of games Iā€™m in. Since this is probably close to an end or a draw, Iā€™ll stick with this one until either it ends or everyone agrees to leave it as a draw

1 Like

As much as Iā€™d be delighted with a draw at this point, I would prefer the game to finish with a victorā€¦ I am perfectly ok with you taking longer over your turns or not playing for a period when you are away. No problem with that in the other game weā€™re in together either.

Did your destroyer armada one shot my full health missile cruiser armada? Or did you attack it with something else first??

1 Like

sounds good

I know for sure I hit it with a missle cruiser in DoF boosted water first. I may have also hit it with an aircraft as well, but I donā€™t remember

Yep, was wondering how long before the nuke would comeā€¦ I concede, Iā€™m ruined, took cap back but no chance I can win, lost a load of units and 2 tank armies insta disbanded because I went to negative gpt. :confused:

My plan for this game was to win science, got Petra/Ruhr city up to near 300 production and was ahead in tech, thought Iā€™d be able to build a load more units to hold you off, then go to spaceā€¦ and then the bombers pillaging completely fucked me. Killed my hammers and science, instead of building units to defend I had to build anti air and repair my campuses and industrial zones, and then my cities were still fucked by war weariness.

Was building Manhattan but only getting 1 uranium a turn (not even sure where from) meant I still had to wait 3 turns to have enough to build a nuke anywayā€¦

Disappointed in the other two players for offering no resistance to you whatsoever, maybe if Iā€™d had a few more turns to prepareā€¦ But I see now that you do not want to be defending from your main cities in info era! Should have taken a couple of Mongolian cities and tried to hold a line thereā€¦ At least I learnt something here lol.

GG to Copper, well played, unless Persia wants to continue?

1 Like

i was preparing some resistance but i have been so far behind since sumeria attacked me early its not true.

didnā€™t get a religion and faith is the number one currency in civ.

i dont even have tanks.

you get 1 of each resource no matter what when you discover it.

superbly played CC and what a fun game this was.

sumeria by the way with the land they had could have won this

Yeah Sumeria not who you want to be fighting earlyā€¦ Good job with that! Was more Mongolia and Greece I was hoping would stall Georgia and buy me a little more time.

Not sure Iā€™d say faith is number one currency, itā€™s certainly very useful but every currency is very important! Canā€™t play without science, culture or gold eitherā€¦ The game is actually very well balanced in that regard, building the sim and managing infrastructure/economy is really fun and interesting. I just wish the combat were a bit more akin to Civ 5. Fingers crossed for Civ 7. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep was a fun game, GG all thanks!

1 Like

yeah but faith can be turned into all those things. its better value than gold and as flexible.

1 Like

Yeah, I do like high faith builds a lot too, it is really flexible and I love an OP monumentality GA. :slight_smile:

Gold also saves a ton of hammers, you need to be able to upgrade units or youā€™re likely pretty screwed! Like I said, need to get a good balance. Certainly easier to get that balance with faith but can be done withoutā€¦ Intense early war is always gonna put you behind, whatever build you go for.

1 Like

copper here was getting cities builders units districts eurekas golden ages and inspirations as well as free tiles all from faith, i go a merchant and general all game. as well as the religion benefits.

Not denying it can help a lot but you can get all those things without faith too. There is opportunity cost to building holy sites as well but yes, majority of games I would try for religionā€¦ So, Iā€™m not completely disagreeing with you, I can see from other games youā€™re a really good player, always see a very strong sim from you.

Wish I could see the whole map for this game, thing I hated most about always war was that I couldnā€™t scout the map. Iā€™d like to know how Copper was able to found so many citiesā€¦ I was a bit squeezed in under Mongolia, tried to play taller and develop high production cities but wide is always better in this game, I gave it a good go though, might have worked if things had gone a little differently, if Georgia had been a little more contested/threatened/stalled by itā€™s neighbours in particularā€¦ Respect to Copper though, he played his game perfectly, going for warrior monks was undoubtedly a really good play for this one and allowed him to allocate more resources to sim.

hey @StefanosG @andrewsmart48 ! gg! well played, especially in the end :heart_on_fire:

I got lucky in this game in a few ways:

• I was able to secure a classical monumentality golden age only by completing a CS quest with 1-2 turns to go in the ancient era
  • No one contested papal primacy (which gave me dominance over CS) or warrior monks (which let me ignore science, and the bottom half of the tech tree for the first 50% of the game)
  • Lahore was in the game. nihangs are even more powerful than warrior monks
  • My close neighbor Greece didnā€™t counter attacked me when I invaded mongolia, enabling me to take Mongolia out fully and quickly (to benefit from their cities) and then circle around and attack Greece from 2 fronts

if any of those things had gone the other way, it would have been a completely different game

anyway, that was a great time! GG, see you around in other games!

2 Likes