5xOCC "Duel" (90df7888)

If everyone could also add the mod “Endgame Map Replay”, that would be cool.

Have you missed it too? :space_invader:

1 Like

Cool, I really missed that feature from earlier civ games.

I also recommend TechBoostPatch that fixes text for eurekas for Siege tactics and replaceble parts.

Is the One city challenge now a stand alone mod and not available in MPH?

I had the impression it was also a stand-alone mod, not only a stand-alone mod. Shrug.

As I’ve already mentioned to J_Dennis, when setting up the game, there was no OCC option in the menu, so we’ll be doing this manually if we play this out / Ceryn is happy with his random civ, or even if he isn’t, presuming he meant to stay on random.

That means building settlers is forbidden. We can discuss as a group how we want to handle city conquests. I am fine with saying actually capturing a city is not allowed; everything short of actual city capture is perfectly valid though. That is my vote. Otherwise I think we might be stuck with having to starve a 2nd capital should anyone be lucky enough to capture one! And to not build anything at all in that city until it died; however complete starvation might never be possible. Best to avoid this conundrum.

I’m up for reverting to first turn (if possible) to set up a new game with the OCC mod.

We can do that if that’s the popular choice, but I suspect it will need to be a completely new game, so we might miss our starts.

Things to know: There are CS, but only 3 I think. Sorry I forgot to screenshot the settings this time. Everything is abundant, except sea level. The map is lakes (low sea level); I think it wraps East/West, but not N/S. Old world. Ah, there are no natural wonders–I thought this was important for balance.

That’s all for now, well past bedtime!

I’m hoping I won’t build a settler by mistake out of habit. :sweat_smile:

Ha, in planning my first moves I’ve already made choices based on the idea of building settlers quickly. No, no, no.

I’ve been fiddling around with Discord. It’s a rabbit hole, and I’m still awake, and shouldn’t be. You can train me up…I sent you an invite, I think for a particular channel on my server. Thrashing about relatively blindly. G’night.

Heyo, hello to everyone! So yeah, sorry about that, but I was talking with Onanista quite late yesterday night (it was around 3-4 am my time), and basically just fell asleep next to my laptop before I could finish choosing a civ :grimacing:

Byzantium is definitely not the direction I wanted to go (or anyone wants me to go probably, if you wanna have a long and prosperous game :P) Can we please get me Kongo? I doubt anything short of a restart of the game will work unfortunately.

Also, a suggestion: as the game progresses, I suspect that we will eventually have way too many governor titles for the amount of space we will have. What about activating secret societies to palliate to this? Not really going to push this, if you guys don’t like it just forget about it ^^

I’m all for a houserule against conquest of any city except a capital (not sure what to do in that case, I guess just use it normally…? will force the others to band together I suppose ^^)

1 Like

:joy:

All good, will re-do. More later. Eating breakfast. Why I’m up early after sleeping late, I don’t know. Unless it was the zoom karate and poor sleep hygiene. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Sledge_Poteet hey you seem to be the lone no-discord holdout.

I know it’s confusing as hell when you start, I’m only a bit out in front of you, but we’ll look after you!

Try this: 313 Trash Talkers

Here is the mod we’ll use (there are a few OCC ones!):

The OCC mod and game mode lets you have multiple governors (i think), it changes a lot of the governor abilities and gives you units in waves. It sounds a bit weird but I’m willing to try it out.

I’m also willing to add Secret Societies to this game.

There are five of us…it might lead to two main, or 4 individual plus one natural ally (only two in same society)

Interested to hear your thoughts but also to get the game back up and running…

I’m not really keen on secret societies.
i feel some of the societies makes some insane stuff in differend directions that can be hard to parry from another society.

You can build really high yield vampire castles for instance.

OKay I’ll turn them off, you made a good case. :laughing:

Okay all, @J_Dennis @_Fhtagn @Ceryn @Sledge_Poteet

Comedy of errors last night and this morning.

Third attempt is up here: Civ 5 / 6 / Beyond Earth / Old World Asynchronous Multiplayer (PBEM) | Play Your Damn Turn

Join basically in the order listed above please. Unless Mr_Six gets in first and grabs that second spot, that would be fine, too, then Ceryn would be last, same order effectively since we share a city.

Anyone know what this is? Makes me think I accidentally ticked zombie mode, but I know I didn’t…but what the heck is this unit wave thing?

What’s that? Oh, that’s an exploration chariot. You use them for exploration only. Not war.
/s
Anyway, got my save. My Arabians are very confused about all the green and blue and the complete lack of yellow in their environment, so I hope I don’t run into any exploration chariots while we find somewhere to live.

1 Like

But what’s that little pop-up down the bottom? I have no idea…