4 Cursed Corners of the World - BBG (a0568432)

Smack talk goes here for 4 Cursed Corners of the World - BBG! Game URL: 4 Cursed Corners of the World - BBG | Civilization 6 | Play Your Damn Turn

So! Turns out that changing the mod list (which is needed in this case, since PerfectWorld messed up the game, judging from my investigation) does change the way the map is generated. So re-using the same map seed from the last game will generate a different map. Darn.

It’s somewhat slightly similar so you’ll likely find yourself at home. I’ll reuse the same seed and maaaaybe change a setting or two but I think what we had was okay (maybe more mountains?)

1 Like

I’ll create the map/game in a few hours depending on when I got a second.

1 Like

all good. looking forward to getting started again

This game has been reset by the admin.

CEO, do you happen to have the initial save game file from the old game that didn’t work? I was thinking of playing it out as a single-player game b/c I think it’d be fun. Or, is the map too similar to what we are doing now, so that it would give me too much information on the current game? Thanks!

I’ll send you what I can on Discord but you’ll probably need to shift-enter the other player’s turn, not sure if you can turn them into AIs
and nah DW about that, the map came out fairly different after all (at least my start is fairly different)

Was there any mod change recently? Having trouble loading the turn.

There shouldnt be any change but I did play a (not-hotseat) MP game Saturday evening so maybe a mod was added to my list, though I find it unlikely.
Do you get any kind of error message or a mod’s name in red in the list when trying to load it?

This is what I’m getting.

I disabled all mods and restarted the game, no change.

This is the message that ends to happen when creating a game with conflicting mods.
My own mod list is the same as before, so not sure what to suggest here since you’ve already tried disabling all mods…

I guess if you feel like you’re out of options, you can revert the game to my turn and I’ll see if I find something odd

I’ll dig into it after work today. Sorry for the delay everyone.

No problem at all. For what it’s worth, the game seems to load for me the same way it usually does. I can share my mod list if it helps at all. But, they are all interface-based ones other than the usual BBM/BBS/BBG/MPH ones.

I recently added a new mod but can’t remember if it was before or after my last turn and not sure if it would affect this game but if you revert to me I can disable it and find out.

Okay, i reverted turn, maybe we can work it out that way

I see nothing new in the mod list, so I’ll play as usual. If it happens again, revert again and I’ll revert one step further back to lambert.

Well that worked! Thanks

This game is certainly making our PYDT average turn times nice and low! :joy:

1 Like

@CEO_of_Spearfighting those Polders are something else.

I know right? I used to find Netherlands boring but polders are hell of a drug.
I went heavy on science early on but I probably shouldve been culture-only to get em earlier.