[FIXED] SMS Notifications (IFTTT Support?)

Is there a way to get a text notification that its my turn? I missed this last email, now at work and won’t be able to play my turn for another 10 hours.

Moved this to a feature request, but I don’t think it’s going to happen just because it looks like SMS messages cost about a penny per message and if everyone started using them that could increase our hosting costs quite a bit. If you really want a text message notification, I’d look into setting something up on https://ifttt.com/.

I was thinking setting up something in IFTTT to watch your email account for PYDT emails, but now that I’m thinking about it more the better thing to do would be for us to create a PYDT IFTTT service… there’s a good chance of that happening. :slight_smile:

I thought it would make sense to add support for similar webhooks than in the Civ 6 PYC – this way the same solutions for notifications would be usable for both old and new games. I started with this a bit, but unfortunately my Angular skills (and development environment) aren’t sufficient…

1 Like

Thanks for starting this and giving me a kick in the butt to finish this up (I guess I should also thank play by cloud :smile:). You can now set webhook notifications for games that will notify for all turns in a game, and also for yourself that will notify you for any game you’re playing in.

1 Like