SavoyShuffle (d08dc96d)

Glad you got it fixed. I won’t revert.

I liked this game. Mainly because you two turkeys weren’t my neighbors. But I saw the tech go divergent early and could not keep up. Now I have the always fun crossbows and knights against tanks and art.

Anything special happen to juice the tech? You are miles away with it.

I was ahead on tech at one point, with a similar number of cities, and then he disappeared in short order.

That’s the power of Mali. I built Sagubas and Holy Sites in all my cities. I have the governor that lets me buy districts with faith. I am Suzerian of Velletta that lets me buy city center builds with faith so all my walls and granaries and temples go up in one turn. I build the Grandmaster Chapel in my government plaza so I can buy land units with faith. All my cities build either Holy Site Prayers or Commercial Hub Investment to get more faith and gold, to buy more things. I have the Voidsingers Secret Society so all my cities earn gold/science/culture = to 20% of my faith, and my faith is 961 per turn so that’s a lot of gold/science/culture.

At school, my favourite teacher - on reflection - was ‘Jack’ Hawkins who taught me maths.
He would never get actually angry at me/us.
When I had not done my homework he was simply… supremely disappointed.
For some reason, I am recalling his facial expression of 54 years ago…
As the hormones are now somewhat attenuated, I can only recall, rather than feel, that shadow of guilt.

I share your guilt/pain. On my nearing retirement (2 more get-ups!) I have been thinking about what to learn and do now that I have time. Sharpening your tools is something that seems useful. I had not considered applying that here as this has been an escape not work. But, it is either that or continue to think about whether it is better to attack an art with a musket or not.