Land of the Lost (0f128371)

Ah, I was able to revert it myself. @Yeti_la_Pesadilla will have to take his turn again. Sorry about that.

I don’t know what’s happening but I keep getting the same crash on this game even after the revert and my “new” turn. Does anyone have an idea of what this is? Should we try to revert further? I don’t know that to do here…
@Yeti_la_Pesadilla @Onanista @Fatusblobus @Sledge_Poteet

Unhandled Exception
Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Error reading address 0x48

Call Stack

??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0

Dang, that’s unfortunate. I think there was an update recently, it’s probably not a coincidence.

Is it possible for you to reinstall Civ? I’ve never done that myself, so I don’t know how big a deal it is. But the specific error you’re seeing is the kind of thing that comes up with corrupted executables or game files.

try verifying the game files?

I did. Still not working.

I have 4 other pydt games that still work fine.

This started a couple of days before the update

I dont have any insight, sorry.

I’m fine to abandon the game as it seems we’re a cakewalk against your tanks and bombers. Not sure if you knew but my only source of oil was in that SW border city, and i didnt get a chance to hook it up after recently didcovering it…so either good planning stopping that, or good luck!

Given the other players are further behind in tech, if youre set on domination i expect you’d win. But i cant speak for them.

Well played…i didnt expect your revenge to go global, so got caught with pants down!

Also happy to concede

Yep it’ll be a shame to say goodbye to this game. It’s was a pretty fun build. But, if it has to be I concede that I surely would not have withstood the Sumerian juggernaught.

I tried all I can. Maybe @Yeti_la_Pesadilla can revert turn to the previous player to see if it will work when it’s my turn.
Have you perhaps installed any new weird mods lately, Yeti? :stuck_out_tongue:

I reverted my turn. And I haven’t installed any new mods in a while. Not since I last started a new game, which was months ago. I did update to the newest version (1.0.12.9 [564030]), but I think that was after you started having issues.

Yeah, I figured it wasn’t your fault. Sorry if it sounded accusatory, that wasn’t my intention.

Let’s see if anything different happens when the turn comes around. Maybe everyone try to do one thing different than last time. haha

No worries, I didn’t take it that way!

If we can’t get the game back up and running, I’m also happy to concede to @J_Dennis 's impending merciless conquest. The Greeks had a good run, but ended up being hopelessly backward compared to the other hemisphere.

It still doesn’t work. I don’t know why this game keeps crashing. I get into the game but get the “please wait”-screen. As if my turn hasn’t been properly processed yet. I get an error message in a separate window but as long as I am in the game I can browse everything.

I have no option but to quit this game. I count it as a win. :stuck_out_tongue:
With 29 cities right now and 15 techs ahead of the next player I’m not currently conquering, I think I get to declare myself King of the world. It would have been fun to keep bombing cities and units for a while longer though. It was fun playing with you all. Hope to play some more at some point next year.
Big thanks to @Onanista who organised this.

1 Like

Damn! Just realized we have played this for over a YEAR! No wonder I’m having trouble letting this game go.

My turn rolled around and I got stuck on the loading screen. So much for that - I surrender! Well done, J_D.
Time for a new game :slight_smile:

Yeah, they take a long time!

I’ve been getting back into Eve online. It’s a bit like a second job. PvP makes the pulse race like no other, though!!

1 Like