Command & Conquer or Build Peacefully your choice! (60b1f7ee)

Smack talk goes here for Command & Conquer or Build Peacefully your choice!! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/60b1f7ee-4a5b-4b55-9b0c-714d237d1dc1

Hi folks,

first MP on Civ6 for me.

BTW, PYDT tool isn’t working correctly for me. I do see game, when I hit process, it just disapprears. Also I do not get email about turn.

Cheers!

I see you already play your turn

Its the problem solved?

In any case if you can upload an screenshot of the client with the problem

@Acechante, not yet, I just DL file from website. Have to wait for next turn to present screenshot to our host.

I’ve just been downloading directly since it doesn’t work for me either sadly.

New update V1.1.12 worked perfectly for me now. Instant DL, started Civ5, turn recognized and instant uploaded.
Even got the email notification this time. ^^

@_TCM_White_Path is also solved for you?

If not, can you upload and screenshot

I’ll let you know once it’s my turn again thanks :)!

Howdy folks,

I usually do not think about quitting a game, but this one is really annoying. We actually played…how many, 13 turns and really nothing happend so far. I was able to build one unit and researched one tech. That’s all. Oh yeah…and I met one other player, who seemed to be not more then 2-turns away for a marching army dude.

If it would be possible I’d call for replacement, but engine doesn’t support.
My last games at GMR have been all in fast game pace just because of the same problem. This game will never (!) see the end, except you might want to play for 8-10 years with 1-week-1-turn rounds like currently. Do not want to blame anybody for it as real-life is surely #1.

So, how do you guys think about the current state of the game?
My 2 suggestions are:

• me is quitting and you get one AI
  • all are quitting and we do a new setup with fast game pace

Is there a timer for PYDT turns yet? GMR had it, so it seems possible.

Cheers!

Little update:

Seems it is possible to re-join AI position. @=TCM= would you mind to adopt the outlined procedere, so I could leave my position toward replacement player?

Because of the bug with Civ 6 we discussed yesterday, @Kepos, users can only join a slot that has NEVER been occupied by a human player. If you leave the game, no one will be able to fill the slot because that would trigger the game breaking bug.

well, then ‘fixed’ should get cut off?

don’t want to crush whole game if I leave too early, but I really do not see any progress

You can leave the game, an AI player will take over for you, but no one else will be able to fill that spot. If you read the thread you linked to, that thread is merely talking about having players fill an AI slot after the game has started.

Hi @Kepos, I’m not sure I quite follow the problem. Are you saying you don’t like the game because people are too slow at taking their turns, or that you’ve just realized you’ve signed up to an Epic speed game and want out?

Personally I usually play quick/online speed, but was up for epic to see the difference. It is much slower paced (as you’d expect).

If you want to set up another game with different settings, go for it - I’ll happily join you as I’m always up for more Civ! But I also want to see how this plays out. It would be a shame to see you drop out here though, as the AI in this game is terrible! But I’m not going to force anyone to play a game they don’t enjoy either.

How is everyone else finding it?

Hi @g0mezg0mez, yeah, I fear both reasons are true.

First I didn’t realize epic speed, seems I’ve understood ‘epic victory conditions’…which sounded quite interesting to me, as I never played that style. My bad.
Second I’m a bit shocked about 1-turn-1-week, which is a bit dissappointing from my view. I’m simply loosing interest about the game.

So, lately I’ll quit, which isn’t my usual gaming style. But it won’t get any better the longer I wait for replacement solution. Hopefully it won’t brake game, but I’m out now. Thx for your patience and looking forward to meet in another game.

Cheers!

Fair enough. Sorry to hear you’re dropping out. Hit me up if you start a new game and want a reliable player.

Hey guys, is city states enabled in this game? I have yet to find one and I have a decent portion of the map explored. ALso didnt realize this was going to be set to epic timing…

I have met some… asdf

I’ll be gone for two weeks… holidays!!

I’m out… this game is waaaay too boring :sleeping: