[CLOSED] Loading PYDT saves *power surges my computer*

Topic in title. Happened for the fourth time in three days, twice just now for the same file.

Doesn’t happen for GMR files. Does happen both in Civ VI and Beyond Earth games.

What.

Can you be more clear what you mean by “power surge”? Is it using up lots of CPU? Can you take a screenshot of the task manager with the resources being used for the PYDT client?

I have noticed on my computer that opening Civ 5/6 a lot can cause your computer to get clogged up with a bunch of closed but still running instances of the new, stupid 2K launcher. There’ll be “qt qtwebengineprocess” entries in your task manager taking up CPU that you can kill.

I mean that it switched off my computer, but it restarted itself. I mistook the first two times for power outages, but later realized nothing but my PC was affected.

I tried it twice more on the day of that post, when it happened, right after this restart, so there couldn’t be other processes. I"ll keep an eye out for the 2K launcher… you know it also counts as a running game on Steam too, damnable thing.

No, looks like problem is memory leak from Civ games. Wish us all luck getting that 2K launcher rolled back where it came from.