Bungle in the Jungle (347960d0)

Smack talk goes here for Bungle in the Jungle! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/347960d0-b8a9-4368-9e2d-7693815d3995

Ok, I love the name. :laughing:

Game Started.

The options can be seen from the Game Options menu.

A couple of changes.
No tribal villages and no eureka
Heros and clan modes
No culture from a monument, courthouses need a monument
Courthouse for Governor
No trade route for lighthouse, I was flipping on this for Pangea…

I went with Portugal and had a crappy start but we will see.

Well I have what looks to be a pretty decent starting position. Hope it looks this good for a few more cities at least.

Every… D…n…time. Or so it feels

I think i found a site for my first city.

Only 1 city? I think you may be a little behind.

He just has us where he wants us.

We can spool it up again if you want.

I’m doing great this game, but if Ozy really only has 1 city because he had to scout around for a spot then he is at a serious disadvantage. I already have 3 cities with my settler moving to my 4th location.

Ozy, do you want to start over?

I just this turn settled my first city. Second will be in 2 turns.
I don’t mind playing on, if only to put more effort into understanding this game mechanics.

DogBoy is ahead. I had to travel though not as far as Ozy. We can play out though I doubt it runs long.

This game is pretty much done for me. Two bad starting positions. Not sure how to get Jungle as hot and wet gave me tundra and desert. No resources. And the stink from the south is pretty rancid.

Dog’s usual password

I will continue so as to not muck up someone’s grand slam and I have a narrow path to slightly better than nothing.

I’m fine retiring this game. Like I said, I have/had a great starting position but if Ozy had a crappy start and Dan had a crappy start, and it won’t be much of a challenge, then it won’t be much fun.

I am getting beat up by the barbs here…I am good to leave too.

This feels a little like hide and seek now, except for the fact that you are not hiding and I am preoccupied with the Dutch and their very resilient walls so cannot seek you at present.
If you are getting bored, feel free to resign.

Given that i was dead and buried in the beginning, I guess this just proves how overpowered the heroes are, especially the two I chose. The H&H gave me ridiculous amounts of free units, and Sinbad an obscene amount of cash. My normal caution was stymied by not having anywhere else to go to the west.

Ahh, I didn’t know that you didn’t know where my last two cities were. I figured you were “playing with your food” and wanted to punish me for a bit. My last two cities are 6 spaces east of Lisbon on the other side of the mountain range. You have to move south of La Venta then you can turn north. Since that’s all I have left I will surrender.

This game turned out to be a doozy. Dan bogged me down so much that all I could do was build archers and catapults against his crossbowmen and men-at-arms. I wasn’t able to build any infrastructure so fell so far behind in science and culture. I had 4 cities that were in constant revolt and had to dedicate 2 catapults, 1 crossbowman, and one melee unit to recapture those 4 cities every few turns. And then when you came in with your large force there was nothing I could do. Well played with your heroes and attack.