Better Balanced Starts & Game (23f9054d)

Smack talk goes here for Better Balanced Starts & Game! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/23f9054d-0a83-488e-b606-6edb857e58fe

Thanks for joining, folks! I’ll get it underway once I troubleshoot the issues as described in the comments section of https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1368312893 (because I think I’m facing them too).

Hi all –

Okay, so I wasn’t able to get it working with the “Better Balanced Game” mod. But I was able to get underway with “Better Balanced Starts”… Let’s go with that for now. Let me know if folks are upset.

Good luck!
C.J.

Hello, I’m having some issue. I’m playing on a Mac with the steam version and every DLC installed.
The client is downloading the file but it doesns’t put it in the save directory and I can’t find where it was downloaded.
Also, I tried to put the file downloaded from here to the hotseat directory but I can’t see it :frowning:

@dierre to confirm my understanding, is the issue that you’re unable to locate the save file from within the game’s “Load Game” menu?
If so, make sure you’re clicking through Multiplayer --> Hotseat --> and then at the middle bottom there’s a Load Game button.

I’m on a Mac OS as well, so I don’t think that’s the issue. I’ve used both Mojave and the version before Mojave without problems.

For enabled DLC, I think it’s ok to have extra unused ones enabled, but just in case, I only had:

• rise and fall
  • better balanced starts
  • CQUI

I think I traced it to BBG giving me issues

So I opened the client, I clicked on download, but the file is nowhere near my save directory for hotseats.
So I tried to download it from here, but it downloads just a file without any type of exenstion. If I put it in the save directory, when I launch the game I can’t see it.

That is very strange. I don’t know about that issue. I’m so sorry that this is not working…

@dierre sorry it didn’t end up working out.

Darn, I forgot to check the box, and so we’re stuck with AI for his slot: " Allow Users to Join After Start: No" --> my bad.

Folks OK to continue?

No problem at all!

@arcticpolarbear how are you doing? Just want to check in if we can keep the turns moving.

Well, we’re down to 4 folks, which is a lot of attrition this early in the game. People want to keep going? I’m fine to keep going with 2 AIs…

I’m more than happy to continue!

Looks like the Better Balanced Starts mod was updated a few hours ago and now I cant start the game with that mod enabled. I have Gathering Storm, but it was working earlier today.
Better%20Balanced%20Starts%20Error

I tried it on another computer but I am still getting the same issue. I think the only way to move it forward is for me to surrender.

I’m having same issue, will have to surrender too, I think!