4-Leaf Clover, Free DLC only (f5b8ad71)

Smack talk goes here for 4-Leaf Clover, Free DLC only! Game URL: https://playyourdamnturn.com/game/f5b8ad71-3445-4787-906f-fbff02592f24

Since we’ve had someone resign already, it’s probably time to discuss what house rules we’re playing by. I’d like to follow the PYDT club rules, especially since this is base Civ without the Rise & Fall mechanics. With one AI in the game, whoever spawns closest to the AI can get a big bonus early on.

The most important part of the club rules, to me, is the part about how you can only capture (and keep) the AI’s capital and at most one city-state. Other bot cities must be razed, and you have to settle that area anew. (Human players’ cities are of course always fair game.)

Thoughts? Objections?

1 Like

I vote for these rules

ok for me

Looks like it’s just a duel between you and me now, witchcult.

LEAVERS >_<

In case you missed it on the other game you’re in, I’m on vacation for the next week. I’ll have my laptop with me, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to install Civ on it. It might be Sunday the 21st before I can play again.

it’s ok, have a good time)

Hey, witchcult. It looks like you’ve taken Pokrovka from the Scythians, which is not their capital. Does that mean we’re abandoning the club rules?

I’m good with whatever, but I’d like to know in advance whether I’m going to need to raze all these Chinese cities or if I can just take them over. :slight_smile:

what, why? Pokrovka IS their capital, I’m following club rules :slight_smile:

My bad! I saw the star next to Kostromskaya’s name and thought that was the capital. The domination victory window confirms that it is indeed Pokrovka.

Any idea why the star shows up on Kostromskaya?

because their capital moved to this city after i captured Pokrovka, i think

I thought if your capital got captured, you just didn’t have a capital. Or is Scythia one of the civs, like Phoenicia, that can move their capital around?

Edit to add: Nevermind, I was just flat wrong. I was getting the capital star confused with the “original capital” that counts for a domination win. From Civ VI Wiki:

If your capital is captured, the Palace (as well as the Capital Capital status) will move to your next largest city.

@our_witchcult_grows You sniped the Chinese capital, you bastard! :unamused:

I saw that possibility, but I honestly didn’t think you had the firepower down there to pull it off. Well played!

No matter, the whole world will be Empiricist soon…

yep, I was lucky with Chinese capital, but somehow missed all these Russian believers

@yeti with some luck i won :slight_smile:

It was a very close battle when Russia nearly converted Norwegians to Russian religion, but somehow we survived and then conquered the entire world with our goregous fleet

Good game! That was my first time shooting for a religious victory, and it was harder than I thought. I’m assuming you launched an inquisition to keep the Empiricists at bay?

Next time I’ll know not to announce my intention for a religious victory ahead of time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, it was Holy War, it allows you to kill apostles and other religious units with military units.
I don’t think announcement was bad, I also thought that i already lost, but somehow survived)